Chair of MCB Dr. Peggy Goodell whose lab focuses on the the basic mechanisms that regulate hematopoietic stem cells, and how their misregulation leads to leukemia development. Stem cells reside in the bone marrow in a quiescent state, but rapidly become activated to regenerate the hematopoietic system. Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN