A postdoctoral position in stem cell biology is available in the lab of Dr. Bruno Di Stefano (distefano-lab.com) at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX.The successful candidate will work on molecular mechanisms underlying cell fate specification. The studies include stem cell culture, genome editing, RNA condensates, transgenic animals, single-cell multi-omics, and CRISPR screens. The position offers high-impact publication opportunities, attendance in international conferences, and excellent career development opportunities.
We are seeking enthusiastic scientists interested in exploring a range of emergent questions in stem cell biology, RNA biology, and cancer. Ph.D. degree, adequate writing and presentation skills, and a track record of peer-reviewed publications are required. Experience in stem cell biology, molecular and cell biology techniques, mouse models, RNA biology, and genomics are desirable.
Recent relevant publications from the principal investigator include:
• The RNA helicase DDX6 controls cellular plasticity by modulating P-body homeostasis. Cell Stem Cell 2019.
• Nudt21 Controls Cell Fate by Connecting Alternative Polyadenylation to Chromatin Signaling. Cell 2018.
• Reduced MEK inhibition confers a growth advantage and preserves genomic stability in naïve human ES cells. Nat Methods 2018.
• Single cell RNA-seq identifies the origins of heterogeneity in efficient cell transdifferentiation and reprogramming. Elife 2019. Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Responsible for laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- PhD or MD in the biological sciences.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- A strong track record of reporting previous work via publication and presentation.
- Adequate writing and presentation skills, and a track record of peer-reviewed publications are required.
- Experience in stem cell biology, molecular and cell biology techniques, mouse models, RNA biology, and genomics are desirable.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.