The Van Nostrand Lab is seeing enthusiastic postdoctoral researchers interested in exploring a range of emergent questions in RNA biology by utilizing a variety of genomics, molecular biology, and bioinformatic approaches to explore how RNA binding proteins (RBPs) regulate RNA processing. Project opportunities include the study of RBP-driven alterations in translational regulation in breast cancer, development of improved technologies to profile and quantify RBP targets, and largescale mapping, integrative analysis, and functional validation of RBP targets in RNA viruses.Job Duties
- Planning, directing, and conducting research experiments, as well as analysis of resulting data, independently (with guidance from the PI).
- Researcher will utilize genomics (including RNAseq,CLIP-seq, and other), molecular biology (cloning, DNA and RNA extraction, western blotting), and cell
- culture (including human cancer cell growth, transfection, and transduction with lentivirus to perform transgene expression).
- Other duties will include presentation and preparation of data into figures, written project updates, oral presentations (including lab meetings and presentations at local, national, and international meetings), and preparation of manuscripts based on their work.
- Individual may assist PI in training and mentoring research staff and undergraduate and graduate students
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Ph. D
- Experience Preferred: strong research background in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, computational biology, or related disciplines, and show expertise in oral and written communication of research results. Prior expertise in RNA biology, genomics, bioinformatics, or virology is preferred but not required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN