The Wensel Laboratory in the Department of Biochemistry is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate in Molecular and Cellular Biophysics. The Wensel Laboratory, located in the Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
Projects available include: membrane protein structure determination by cryo-EM, cryo-electron tomography and superresolution fluorescence imaging of neurons and ciliated epithelia, and methods development in all these areas. Job Duties
- Carries out independent research projects on molecular and cellular structural biophysics of membranes, cilia and membrane proteins under mentorship of P.I.
- Plans and conducts experiments.
- Analyzes data.
- Prepares publications describing results.
- Assists in training and mentoring of lab personnel, including graduate and undergraduate students.
- Maintains good communication with lab leader and members.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD in Physics, any field of Biology or Chemistry.
- Demonstrated research productivity through publications.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN