Group Leader Position at National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
National Institute of Biological Sciences (NIBS), Beijing (http://www.nibs.ac.cn), an HHMI-style biomedical research institute funded by Chinese government, is seeking multiple outstanding Principal Investigators (PI) and Fellows to conduct cutting-edge research in life sciences. The newly established NIBS Fellow program is to empower exceptional scientists on a fast-track to conduct independent research at the early stage of their career. The spirit of NIBS is to allow scientists maximal freedom and focus to conduct highly creative research and make breakthrough discoveries at his/her own will.
NIBS is Scientist Centric.
• Internationally competitive salaries, generous start-up and funding support (no need for grant application), and highly stimulating research environment;
• Thirteen state-of-the-art core facilities covering from chemistry, imaging, and single cell RNA-Seq to CRISPR mice and forward genetics screening;
• On site access to TITAN EM microscopes for breakthrough structural research;
• New campus with total 68,000 m2 space including 10,000 m2 vivarium to expand strong basic and translational research;
• Three outstanding graduate programs in cooperation with top universities, including Peking University and Tsinghua University,
• Strong administrative support and open communication with international scientific community.
All NIBS PIs/Fellows are also members of Tsinghua Institute of Multidisciplinary Biomedical Research (TIMBR) and enjoy full benefits of Tsinghua faculty, including tenure-track, housing and children’s access to Tsinghua affiliated schools.
Qualified candidates for PIs should have a Ph.D./M.D. degree and several years of postdoctoral training or industrial experience; with a strong track record in the mechanism-based biological research, disease-related research, or chemistry/drug discovery. The initial appointment for PIs will be 5 years and renewal is conditional upon passing reviews by an international committee. Prospective applicants should send curriculum vitae, statement of research interests and future plan, and have three letters of recommendation sent to email@example.com by August 15, 2022.
Qualified candidates for Fellows should have a Ph.D/M.D. degree and within two years of postdoctoral training. Fellows will be granted 4 million CNY start-up fund, 1.5 million CNY annual budget and can supervise graduate students. While initial appointment for Fellows is 5 years, they will be evaluated by advisory committee after 3 years and outstanding performers can be granted early promotion to PIs. Prospective applicants should send curriculum vitae, statement of research interests and future plan, and have three letters of recommendation sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2022.