About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
As a ESS Help Desk Specialist, you will act as the primary interface for documenting and directing customer requests and should be available to answer as many calls directly (i.e. without a call back) as possible. The Help Desk Specialists are also responsible for managing the Transportation Services Department central email inbox. The qualified candidate has the ability to work with both professional and technical personnel to solve customer related problems and work successfully through their requests. This includes following up on closed calls to verify resolution of customer problems. This individual is also responsible for educating the campus population regarding facilities, parking, transportation, alternative transportation solutions and ESS processes and procedures while assisting them in resolving problems.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Primary interface for documenting and directing customer requests and should be available to answer as many calls directly (i.e. without a call back) as possible. Ability to clearly write and document customer issues, and route to appropriate end user to complete work. Strong follow up skills. Ability to react quickly and appropriately to emergencies.
- The ability to work with both professional and technical personnel to solve customer related problems. Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Responsible for educating the campus population regarding facilities, parking, transportation, alternative transportation solutions and ESS processes and procedures while assisting them in resolving problems.
- Develop customer satisfaction criteria and conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Must be able to clearly communicate customer dissatisfaction or know customer service issues to management.
- Review and revise process flows to improve customer satisfaction.
- Use surveys and statistical analysis to construct a customer satisfaction index.
- Educate customers on Enterprise Support Services policies, procedures, and performance expectations.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
- Daily provide metrics on performance and complete the visibility wall.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Associate's degree with a minimum of three (3) years of related facilities, Parking, transportation, and/or hospital experience. Equivalent experience may substitute.
- Four (4) years of experience in facilities, IT, or a similar call center/help desk environment. Computer or healthcare industry is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems or healthcare related preferred
- The qualified candidate has prior experience with facilities trouble call or IT call center/help desks and a history of positive customer interaction in the healthcare industry.
- Participation in customer satisfaction programs in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Excellent attendance
- Must be able to communicate professionally both orally and written. Must be able to follow through on all assignments. Candidate must have the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Ability to understand system interrelationships and process integration.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.