About BeiGene and BeiGene Institute
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
As part of its ongoing efforts to drive the development of truly innovative and transformative medicines, BeiGene is creating a brand-new research institution in Shanghai, China, BeiGene Institute. Our goal is to establish a cross-disciplinary research organization where cutting-edge science and technology drive the discovery of impactful Insights into human health and disease. BeiGene Institute functions as an independent research entity within BeiGene to enable sustainable scientific discoveries and innovation.
Why BeiGene Institute
- BeiGene Institute is a diverse and inclusive community where scientists will bring their expertise, creativity, and originality to a group of dynamic colleagues and collaborators. BeiGene Institute is structured with groups with specific research focuses. Individual group head leads a team staffed with postdocs and research associates, having ample opportunities to thrive in your research field and grow to become an influential leader in drug industry. Scientists will have access to state-of-the-art technologies to perform ground-breaking work to address fundamental biology and technology questions. We are well-supported to carry out independent research and pursue collaborations within and beyond BeiGene. Besides being encouraged to publish their research work, we are empowered to explore the translational potential of our own scientific discoveries and play an active role in our collective effort of discovering drug candidates and establishing biomarkers across major diseases, including cancer and inflammatory diseases. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, and rank and salary commensurate with qualifications.
We are seeking independent and creative scientists to join Dr. Minhong Yan’s group.
Dr. Minhong Yan recently joined BeiGene as the head of BeiGene Institute. He came with rich experience in the biotech industry after working for more than 20 years in the research division at Genentech where he initiated and led various therapeutic programs against cancer, inflammation, and ocular diseases. He is the inventor of many patent applications, including seven granted by the USPTO. His work has been published in high impact journals, including Nature. Science, Immunity, and Nature Immunology. Dr. Yan’s current research interests span the basic and translational spectrum of understanding the phenotypic, metabolic, and functional dynamics of immunes cells within the tumor microenvironment during disease progression and in response to therapeutic intervention. Another area of interest is to employ a multidisciplinary approach to understand and exploit the monitorable changes associated with various disease conditions or treatment responses in cancer and pathological inflammation.
The successful applicants for Group Heads will
- Lead a group and establish a vigorous and innovative research programs that are aligned with the long-term goal of BeiGene Institute.
- Be responsible to provide group updates to the governance committees under BeiGene Institute and BeiGene Research.
- Mentor and guide postdocs and junior staff members.
- Be encouraged to spearhead cross-disciplinary or cross-functional collaborations to drive innovation and productivity.
The successful candidates for Research Investigators will
- Initiate and conduct independent research
- Collaborate with other group members to drive innovation and productivity
- Mentor and support junior staff members
The successful candidates for Group Heads will:
- The success applicants will have a Ph.D., with at least three years of post-degree professional experience. The applicants should have extensive body of research experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Immunology, cancer biology and signaling, cancer immunology, chemical biology, proteomics, advanced imaging, and multi-omics integration
- We also invite applicants who have demonstrable experience in exploring emerging technologies to accelerate and expand the scope of drug discovery.
- The success applicants should have
- A strong record of scientific accomplishment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers in a dynamic environment
- Ability to mentor and guide junior staff
- Excellent skills to communicate effectively
The successful candidates for Research Investigators will:
- The success applicants will have a Ph.D. in 2022
- The applicants should have a solid background and significant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Immunology, cancer biology, proteomics, multi-omics integration, and machine learning
- A solid record of scientific accomplishment
- Ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references. Applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org