About City of Hope
Focused on eliminating cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses, City of Hope has established itself as a world-class leader in transforming the future of health. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its leading-edge research, its exceptional and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of biomedical education and training, is a vital component of City of Hope's model of success.
Our Mission: City of Hope is transforming the future of health. Every day we turn science into practical benefit. We turn hope into reality. We accomplish this through exquisite care, innovative research and vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes.City of Hope's Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
City of Hope's diversity, equity and inclusion strategy aims to formulate a policy and systems-focused approach that addresses social determinants of health and responds to implicit bias and structural racism. Since its inception more than a century ago, City of Hope has been dedicated to providing equitable treatment to all the people we serve. This focus on inclusion is the cornerstone of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) strategy and reflects our commitment to those founding principles. Our mission, "to infuse DEI into the DNA at City of Hope," will serve as our north star and help ensure the tenets of diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our day-to-day engagement with each other, our patients, their families and caregivers, and our broader community.Office of Philanthropy Vision Statement
Philanthropy is at the heart of City of Hope's mission in turning "hope into reality." We offer an extraordinary donor and volunteer experience, one that invites, delights, and deepens relationships over time. City of Hope Philanthropy is one of a handful of premiere, exceptionally-regarded, and top-producing programs in the country.
Recruiting and developing exceptionally talented team members are hallmarks of the Office of Philanthropy. We demonstrate our commitment to our people through continuous learning and development opportunities and aim to foster an environment where each individual can thrive, personally and professionally. We increase the effectiveness of our team through transparency and accountability, building trust within teams; celebrating diversity and inclusion; enhancing team communications and removing roadblocks to maximize activation.Position Summary
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support as well as development support to the Vice President/Senior Vice President and their team. Administrative support responsibilities include: calendar support, handling a large volume of mail discriminately, assisting with the preparation, research and gathering of materials and information for meetings, briefings and events, and drafting, editing, and proofreading correspondence, briefings and reports for City of Hope Leadership. Incumbent will be proficient in AccessHope, and file contact reports, run reports and enter pertinent information into the system, including plans, interactions and activities. Incumbent will provide complex event management support for small, private lunches and dinners for high level donors as well as large scale receptions. Fiscal support requires gathering fiscal data, assisting in preparing budgets, and monitoring budgets for discrepancies. The incumbent will also create and maintain department contracts, purchase orders, reimbursements, travel, and other expenses records as assigned. The incumbent is also responsible for project support in a wide range of areas including resource administration, strategic planning, constituent engagement and general administration management issues. As requested, manage special projects of a highly confidential and sensitive nature. Incumbent will interact with all levels of the organization, including executive administration and other offices of development throughout Philanthropy. Incumbent will be responsible for independent problem solving and performing duties with high quality service, utmost courtesy, and confidentiality, using a group-process approach to accomplishing work. Work assignments are complex in nature where considerable judgment, tact, creativity & initiative are required in resolving problems. Exercises frequent independent judgment, makes administrative decisions (within agreed upon limitations) and takes action on behalf of executive based on knowledge of organization policies, practices, personnel & corporate activities.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Uses discretionary initiative and judgment in handling sensitive & confidential details, establishing priorities and resolving problems relating to day to day operations & administrative details.
- Serves as a liaison between executives, managers & visitors as required. Researches and fulfills information requests from internal & external business contacts.
- Resolves routine and complex inquiries and problems requiring in-depth knowledge of organizational, divisional, and departmental policies, procedures & projects in progress.
- Schedules & maintains calendar of appointments, meetings & travel itineraries. Coordinates related arrangements.
- Assists executive in maintaining & keeping scheduled appointments, meetings, briefings, etc. Compiles, computes, summarizes & analyzes data for special reports. Independently prepares & distributes minutes of meetings. Initiates follow-up on items discussed in meetings.
- Works in Access Hope, maintaining all aspects of donor development details; pulls needed reports for analysis
- Initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence & memoranda. Drafts correspondence for executive's final approval.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes special projects, to include small and intimate donor development events as well as site visits.
- Participates in City of Hope meetings and committees as requested.
- 2 years Post High School Trade, Business or Professional School.
- 5 years of experience in administrative & secretarial support at an executive level. Possesses high level of administrative and secretarial skills & versatility in use of PCs and related office software, especially PowerPoint.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.