An hourly Assistant Coordinator position for grant-funded study to assist in facilitating and delivering the program: "Papás Saludables, Niños Saludables". The position includes assisting the Principal Investigator, Project Manager and Two primary facilitators in the recruiting and delivering of an obesity prevention program for Hispanic fathers and their children. The position requires skills in communicating and recruiting, as well as delivering physical activity and nutrition education programming for men and children in Spanish and English. There may be opportunity to work on other funded studies in the future. Bilingual in Spanish and English is required.Job Duties
- Attend and pass BCM certified training on HIPAA and human subject research.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of the program Papas Saludables Niños Saludables.
- Assist with recruiting, Hispanic families in English or Spanish to participate in "Papás Saludables, Niños Saludables" study.
- Includes attending community meetings and events for study recruitment; and networking and collaborating with organizations in the community for recruitment purposes.
- Attend training and pass certification to deliver the "Papás Saludables, Niños Saludables" program.
- Provide project manager and principal investigator with reports on study progress, data forms, and intervention implementation.
- Attend project staff meetings.
- Assist with administrative duties of research study such as audit preparation, assisting in preparing the study reports, monetary disbursements, and organizing participant files.
- Adhere to Behavioral Nutrition Group and study guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- High School diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.