Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will assist with development and qualification of bioanalytical methods in support of characterization, toxicology and stability studies for bioprocess and formulation development of early phase vaccines.
Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goals and may undertake collaborations with other team members.
- Work under the guidance of a bioanalytical principal investigator with high degree of independence.
- Responsible for the development of PCR assays suitable for the quantitation of DNA and mRNA copy number in various tissues.
- Assist with the development of robust and reliable ligand binding and cell-based assays suitable for characterizing the Immunogenicity of biotherapeutics in various matrixes using a range of potential platforms and assay techniques.
- Advance bioanalytical capabilities to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness and appropriateness of assay for discovery and development stage assets.
- Deliver concentration and immunogenicity data to Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics & Metabolism (PDM) BioTX principal investigators and other partners.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation and draw conclusions regarding progress and results of work, utilizing the data for appropriate decision making.
- Ensure GLP/GCP compliance is maintained in laboratory during study support.
- Author technical documents, e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, data summary reports and Bioanalytical procedures.
- BS in a relevant discipline, with 3+ years of bioanalytical laboratory experience, or MS degree with 1+ year experience.
- Skills in molecular biology techniques, e.g. primer/probe design, PCR, qPCR, dPCR, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification.
- Experience in cell culture, cell line maintenance, and luciferase reporter assays.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across a matrix team.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Working experience with a focus in biotherapeutics in GxP (GLP, GCP) environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience on qPCR and dPCR experiment design, execution and data analysis.
- Broad understanding and skill in areas of bioanalytical laboratory techniques for biotherapeutics.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development