Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will assist in the lab-based development and qualification of ligand binding immunoassays for the detection of antibodies to novel candidate vaccines in support of candidate vaccine programs. The incumbent will also be involved in testing of pre-clinical and clinical sera samples. Responsibilities include generation and characterization of reagents, performance of experiments for development and qualification of assays, assay throughput for the pre-clinical and clinical studies and writing related procedures and reports.As an integral member of this dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with the other group members. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GLP and/or GCLP guidelines, when required. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge. It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform experiments to support development and qualification of ligand binding assays.
- Perform assays to support critical assay reagent evaluation, qualification and troubleshooting.
- Execute testing of preclinical and clinical samples to meet program timelines.
- Collect, collate and analyze data on a per project basis and present summaries at the appropriate meetings.
- Assist in updating and writing documents including standard operating procedures (SOPs), reagent reports, and data archiving.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory, including ordering/ restocking supplies, updating reagent inventory, and ensuring cleanliness.
- Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Stay current on all departmental and corporate training
- BS in biological science, biochemistry or molecular biology. Minimum of 1 years of experience in relevant field.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments.
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with shared resources and effectively communicate across teams.
- Excellent record keeping abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field of science.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate and work in team environment.
- Good Computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Pharmaceutical and biotech drug discovery experience.
- Knowledge of Luminex technology.
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting ligand binding assays.
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development