Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
The individual will support translational research programs to advance drug discovery and clinical development programs. They will leverage their skills in molecular and cell biology, pharmacology, genomics and/or proteomics to support research activities associated with translational studies to advance drug discovery and development programs. Areas of focus will include drug resistance and sensitivity, mechanism of action and differentiation, biomarker discovery, and/or clinical biomarker strategy development and execution.How You Will Achieve It
- Execute translational research to support advancement of drug discovery and clinical development programs
- Contributes to the design of experimental studies with manger guidance
- Independently conducts wet-lab molecular biology, cell biology and pharmacology studies to generate data that characterizes compound pharmacology
- Contributes to development and/or implementation of new experimental capabilities with application to advance drug discovery and development programs
- Collaborates with scientists in Translational Research, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, and other functional lines
- Contributes technical and scientific guidance to junior research associates.
- Contributes to high-quality written reports and oral presentations
- BS/MS in biology, biochemistry or related science plus Bachelor's minimum 6 years of experience and Master's minimum 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge and successful technical application of molecular biology, cell biology, pharmacology, genomics, and proteomics laboratory methods to advance oncology drug discovery, drug characterization and biomarker discovery
- Extensive experience and technical expertise in culturing cell lines and primary cells
- Proficiency in 96-well ELISA and cell-based phenotypic assays
- Basic knowledge and expertise in the following molecular and cell biology methods: DNA and RNA extraction from tissue and cultured cells, Sanger sequencing, sub cloning, CRISPR-based gene editing, analysis of protein expression by Western blot, ELISA, analysis of gene expression by RT-PCR and RNA sequencing
- Scientist who understands their role and responsibilities and works to contribute to the overall success of the teams and efforts they support
- Refined oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to conduct wet-lab studies and collaborate with peers to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact
- Industry experience and a focus in Oncology.
- Experience in oncology, inflammatory diseases, pharmacology, or genomics
- Proficiency in computational data analysis methods
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
Other Job Details:
- Able to adhere to safe work practices and perform lab works with appropriate personal protection equipment such as but not limited to safety goggles, facial mask, gloves, lab coat/ protective gowning, and closed toe shoes
- Able to work at flexible hours occasionally when performing time-sensitive experiments
- Last Date to Apply for Job: May 31st 2022
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $69,900 to $116,500 . In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 7.5 % of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development