As part of the Data Monitoring and Management (DMM) group, an integral delivery unit within the Global Biometrics and Data Management organization, the Manager, Project Manager, Clinical Database Management is responsible for the provision of project management leadership and expertise in data monitoring and management with an emphasis on clinical databases and related technologies supporting assigned segments of the Pfizer portfolio. Accountabilities include project management and leadership of the design, development, and maintenance of clinical databases and other technical deliverables within Data Monitoring and Management. Oversees the development cycle/change control of database build to ensure the integrity of clinical data and the application of Pfizer standards supporting consistency in asset/submission data. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for database build in the assigned Therapy Area. The Project Manager, Clinical Database Management works closely with the Clinical Data Scientist to ensure consistent, timely and high quality application of process and delivery of DMM responsibilities. The Project Manager, Clinical Database Management will be accountable to assure process, technologies, and standards are leveraged in a consistent way across assigned projects. May mentor junior staff members.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with department roles, assigned mentor, and cross-functional study team members to manage the development cycle of data capture solutions that support the quality and timely delivery of data required per standard and study specific data review plans.
- Solves moderately complex problems related to database build and implementation.
- May aid with solving problems outside of own department.
- Oversees operational activities/projects of professional Work Teams to support short-term Department goals.
- Leads internal initiatives, working with other roles within DMM to improve processes. Represents Database Management on DMM initiatives.
- Complies with applicable SOPs and work practices.
- Serve as a project management resource to the study teams for developing and implementing database development project plans.
- Ensure proper planning of study activities in DBM and proactively alert risk and plan mitigation.
- Independently, perform Impact analysis for proposed solutions to existing tools and processes and convey the same to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Act as an Expert in the area, applying best practices according to documented processes.
- Participate in Pfizer Standards meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance always.
- Ensure seamless functioning and collaboration of DMM activities between the DBM and Clinical Data Scientist functions.
- Ensure operational excellence in collaboration with partners and colleagues for application of standards within data capture methods in support of the data review plan, in collaboration with the Clinical Data Scientist, ensure operational excellence across all DMM deliverables.
- Assess impacts of Change Control and develop mitigation plans for emerging risks and issues.
- Identifies existing process/product improvements.
- Develops innovative, advanced new concepts that improve processes / products across own and related disciplines.
- Takes appropriate risks to achieve desired result.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project management experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, or Regulatory Agency with an emphasis on building data collection and assimilation solutions.
- Strong project management, communication (written and oral), decision-making, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with Electronic Data Capture systems, Clinical Data Management Systems/relational databases (e.g. Oracle InForm and Data Management Workbench, MS SQL Server or MS Access) and data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, J-Review).
- Experience with MSProject or other enterprise project management tools.
- Understanding of drug development process and data operations required for the reporting of clinical trial data (e.g. data review, study reports, regulatory submissions, safety updates, etc.)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant data standards; CDISC knowledge and experience are preferable.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Primarily an office-based position involving sitting in front of a computer for large periods of work time, making presentations, etc. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel approximately 5%.
Other Job Details:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 31, 2022.
- Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.