Senior Research Development Specialist
Center for Addiction Research (CAR)
University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, Texas
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Center for Addiction Research (CAR) – Galveston, Texas
The Center for Addiction Research (CAR) is a highly successful Center of Excellence at UTMB. Our mission is to uncover the biological foundations for substance use disorders and other neuropsychiatric diseases and develop/optimize treatments for these devastating human illnesses. The CAR provides the infrastructure for pioneering research, mentoring of the next generation of diverse experts, and outreach to our communities. We encompass a large league of scientists and physicians across the campus and beyond to tackle some of the most significant personal and societal illnesses. We seek a talented, experienced individual to join our team as a Senior Research Development Specialist.
The Sr. Research Development Specialist will support our research plan from development, execution to dissemination to direct and inform operational decisions and impact project timelines and completion. This position requires grant proposal development expertise to enable competitive individual and team extramural research funding and facilitate research excellence. The successful candidate will support faculty in multiple departments and/or center(s) in all phases of the research proposal process; collaborate with other research entities and private companies to coordinate, develop, fund, and implement research and educational projects; provide training and leadership to members of the research development team. This position requires advanced functional and organizational scope to assure alignment of the CAR mission with all internal and external rules, guidelines, and regulations; previous experience with federal, private, and state funding is a plus.
- M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent degree
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated success in this field/role or
- Master’s degree with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Research development/administration and multi-investigator proposal development
- Demonstrated knowledge of the pre-award research administration process and sponsored grant life cycle
- Knowledge of research compliance as related to proposal submission and grant management Experience with creating and delivering training workshops
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment Advanced organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Windows 10 computer and software systems
- Ph.D. with research experience
- Highly skilled and proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications, Adobe, and other business intelligence platforms
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibits fluency in area of specialization
- Successful submission of large, complex grants
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the science of team science and effective team management strategies
- Strong analytical, organization, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail; strategic thinking and strong decision-making talents
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills toward established goals
- A high degree of professionalism and respect for diversity and equity
Income Package: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and educational background. In addition, UTMB offers a superior benefits package, an excellent retirement program, a relocation allowance as well as other potential incentives.
Living in South Houston and Galveston, Texas: Galveston Island is home to approximately 50,000 residents and is known for its 32 miles of Gulf Coast beaches, temperate climate, wide array of leisure and cultural activities, and affordable cost of living – all just south of Houston, the 4th largest city in the US. More information about UTMB and Galveston can be found on the UTMB Living Website: http://www.utmb.edu/utmbliving/
For more information, please submit an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to,
Skott Harrington at: email@example.com
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.