About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that provides independent nursing and collaborative medical management to a defined patient population, according to standardized procedures and in collaboration with a physician supervisor. Provides primary, secondary, and in some cases, tertiary care within scope of practice, licensure and organizational policies. Services provided include, but are not limited to: taking histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering, performing and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests and therapies and furnishing drugs and devices in a cost efficient manner for specific conditions. Emphasis is placed on health promotion, disease prevention and patient education, combining the qualities of both nursing and medicine. Acts as a health care resource and role model to staff by maintaining a high degree of ethics and integrity. Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Key Responsibilities include:
Basiceducation, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Provides services that are accurate, reliable, courteous and timely.
- Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality care.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in the delivery of age specific care.
- Delivers care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice of the discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and procedures.
- Ensures self-competence and promotes adherence to professional practice standards through participation in continuing education activities and clinical skills updates.
- Oversees care for a defined group of patients using effective delegation, supervision and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of all professional and regulatory standards.
- Collaborates with colleagues to provide sound decision-making.
- Communicates effectively with all customers and colleagues to meet organizational goals.
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through involvement in professional continuing education activities.
- Uses resources efficiently.
- Fosters involvement in performance improvement activities to promote continuous improvement in care delivery.
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within own performance.
- Must be a graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program, which conforms to the California Board of Registered Nursing standards as specified in Section 1484. Meets the requirements for "hold out as a nurse practitioner" as defined in Section 1482, Nurse Practice Act, Business and Professions Code; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Must have three years acute care clinical experience, previous nurse practitioner experience preferred
- Must have a current California RN license
- Must have a current California NP license
- Must have a current California NP Furnishing license
- Must have a current NP Board Certification
- Must have a current DEA
- Must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Card through American Heart Association
- Shift: Days
- Job Status: Full-time
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.