The Project Leader is responsible for building and executing innovative project strategies for 1 or more projects that will focus on identifying and developing scientific and technological solutions for validating and qualifying novel digital endpoints to measure the impact of therapeutic interventions across the enterprise. The Project Leader will lead a multidisciplinary project team and is accountable for progression of clinical methodological studies utilizing digital devices/sensors and advanced analytics. The incumbent will also interact with key internal and external stakeholders, collaborate with individuals and teams across research and development and determine the most appropriate approach to advance projects and evaluate new technologies and methods.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits substantial scientific and operational bandwidth simultaneously leading up to 2 projects ranging across different therapeutic areas and stages of development from Phase 1 through commercialization.
- Responsible for championing innovative scientific and technical strategies to deliver differentiated solutions for client teams.
- Exhibits significant learning agility and build deep knowledge around disease biology, biomedical engineering or data analytics for the programs they lead.
- Responsible for determining the most effective technical or analytical solution for a given project considering cost, technical and operational feasibility, and time to delivery.
- Leverages experience to not only lead the project internally, but also collaborate with partners in other units within Pfizer or in the external academic, medical and technology community to identify and advance their project(s).
- Manages investment risk in individual projects through early identification of key questions, the development of a clear technical, clinical, and experimental plan to build confidence in the approach, and ability to ultimately deliver the required solution.
- Identifies major operational and logistical risks and develops effective mitigation options.
- Inspires strategic and operational excellence from team members in a matrixed organization.
- Coordinates with client research or development teams to ensure alignment on the project objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective communicator keeping leadership, partners and team members well informed of strategy and progress and will also be able to effectively represent projects to governance organizations, external advisors and potential partners.
- Contributes to the broader Project Leader community through sharing best-practices and may mentor and coach other project leaders as required.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in life sciences, mathematics or engineering with 10 or more years in acoustic and voice analysis
- Expertise in mathematical modeling encompassing model design, algorithm development and implementation
- Capable of leading a team of internal or external data scientists in the selection of voice metrics
- Capable of developing code extraction solutions for voice metrics using signal processing techniques
- Guide the data science team in the development of machine learning models to process voice
- Background in develop models, utilizing mathematics, signal processing, and data extraction
- Experience in design & development of user facing software solutions (web-based or app-based) for the collection of patient data
- Experience developing requirements for digital solutions and/or device components
- Reports into Head, Advanced Science Group, DMTI in Early Clinical Development
- Works closely with the Head of Digital Data Science to coordinate algorithm development and implementation at scale
- Works closely with study team members for assigned project(s), early and late clinical development teams
- Responsible for broad stakeholder engagement and coordination of meetings and events supporting project goals
- May have direct reports
Ability to perform c omplex mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development