Shandong Institute of Advanced Technology
Shandong Institute of Advanced Technology (hereinafter referred to as "IAT") is a research institute established by the government of Shandong Province, China. As a highly internationalized academic institute, IAT engages in basic research in the frontiers of science and applied research in major technologies, mainly relying on large-scale scientific facilities.
With an advanced system, IAT advocates equality-featured scientific culture, upholds the spirit of free inquiry, creates a free and open working environment that respects individual values. Conducting cutting-edge interdisciplinary research on a large scale, IAT provides the best conditions for prominent scientists worldwide, especially the young, to innovate and create.
In accordance with the development plan and annual plan of Shandong Institute for Advanced Technology (IAT), we are now recruiting outstanding domestic and oversea talents.
I. Open Positions
1. The Particle Physics Research Center
The Particle Physics Research Center mainly performs researches on particle physics and astroparticle physics with large scientific facilities. Based on the global data center for the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer (AMS) experiment led by Nobel Laureate Prof. Samuel C.C. Ting, we devote to:
- Experimental searches for dark matter, antimatter and the origins of cosmic elements by analyzing AMS cosmic ray data;
- Design, construction, and space qualification tests of the silicon detector for upgrading AMS on the International Space Station;
- Particle detector integration including the mechanical design, front-end electronics, data acquisition system and development of new semiconductor devices;
- Numerical modeling of cosmic radiation in outer space, precision calculation of radiation dose, and forecasting software of the radiation environment in solar system;
- Proposing future experiments to explore the fundamental structures of matters and the basic laws of the universe.
- Scientists in the fields of particle physics, nuclear physics, theoretical physics, solar physics, space physics, astrophysics, condensed matter physics, semiconductor physics and devices, atomic and molecular physics, electronics, microelectronics, integrated circuit, etc.;
- Engineers and technicians in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, microelectronics engineering, instrumentation, automation and control, communication, computing science, software engineering, nuclear technology and application, etc.
2. The Thermal Science Research Center
The Thermal Science Research Center mainly conducts basic and major applied researches in the fields of thermal science and engineering, especially in the fields of heat transfer in nanoscale, vacuum deep cooling and heat transfer enhancement. The main platforms include the small-scale surface cooling laboratory, the vacuum deep-cooling experimental system, the high-performance compute cluster, the laser thermal measurement system, the near-field radiation heat transfer experiment, the magneto-optical material experiment, etc.
- Scientists in the fields of cryogenic physics, refrigeration and cryogenic engineering, fluid mechanics, quantum thermodynamics, heat transfer at micro- and nanoscale, heat transfer enhancement and energy-saving technology, etc.;
- Engineers and technicians in cryogenic, vacuum, laser, thermal, mechanical and software engineering.
3. The AMS Data Center
The AMS data center focuses on the research of mathematics and computing sciences. We devote to:
- Operation, upgrade, and maintenance of AMS data center;
- Development of the high-performance computing and EB-level high-throughput data storage technologies for supporting large scientific facilities;
- Development and application of emerging computing technologies, such as heterogeneous computing, machine learning, quantum simulation;
- Construction and maintenance of the information systems for the institute.
- Scientist in the fields of high-performance computing, network technology and security, parallel storage, heterogeneous computing, machine learning algorithms, quantum computing, etc.;
- Engineers and technicians in computer, software, big data, communication, automation, etc.
4. The Material Science Research Center
The Material Science Research Center mainly develops basic scientific research and applied technology research of advanced functional materials and energy utilization. Research areas include the preparation, application and performance evaluation of thermal functional materials, the storage, conversion and utilization of thermal energy, material design and simulation, thermo-physical property big data, etc.
- Scientists in the fields of thermal conductive polymer and composites, heat storage materials, phase change materials, thermal superstructure materials, photonic crystals, thermoelectric materials, thermal insulation materials, 2D materials and heterostructures, etc.;
- Engineers in electron microscope operation, spectral analysis, and material preparation and characterization, etc.
II. Qualification Requirements:
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must have a good moral fiber, professional ethics, service consciousness, teamwork spirit and physical condition to adapt to the position.
- Scientists are required to be PhD graduates or post-doctor in relevant research fields. Engineers and technicians are required to be graduates with a master's degree or above in relevant research fields.
- Candidates must have all the professional background or skills required by the position.
- Program reported should be the candidate’s major.
III. Salary and Welfare
Shandong Institute of Advanced Technology provides the following salary and funding depending on the academical achievements and potential of the successful candidates:
- Senior research scientist (under 45 years old): annual salary between 800k and 1200 k CNY.
- Associate research scientist (under 35 years old): annual salary between 500k and 700k CNY.
- Assistant research scientist (under 30 years old): annual salary between 300k and 400k CNY.
- Post-doctoral scientist (under 30 years old): annual salary between 200k and 300k CNY.
- Engineers and technicians
- Senior Engineer (under 40 years old): annual salary between 400k and 500k CNY.
- Engineer (under 35 years old): annual salary between 200k and 300k CNY.
- Assistant Engineer (under 30 years old): annual salary between 150k and 200k CNY.
In addition, IAT provides researchers with externally competitive starting research funds, all the welfare benefits of provincial public institutions and special benefits including housing and children's education.
Relying on IAT, Employees can apply for various kinds of subsidies such as living allowance and house purchase subsidy, and participate in various project applications.
Please consult staff for details.
Please send the required materials together with the interested position to firstname.lastname@example.org (format of the email title should be: Position_Major_Name_Science Careers), and we will contact you in a timely manner.
Your resume should include:
- Education backgrounds;
- Working experiences;
- Support documents for relevant scientific research and achievements, etc.
Contact Person: Ms. Sun
Address: Jinan, Shandong Province, China
Postal Code: 250100