Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Pfizer Oncology Research & Development (ORD) is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist (non-PhD) to join our Biochemistry and Quantitative Pharmacology group. The candidate will join our interdisciplinary and highly collaborative team to support and advance our preclinical oncology drug pipeline. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cellular and molecular biology, in vitro pharmacology, and biochemical/cell assay development. They will design, plan, and execute studies to explore novel drug targets. They will implement new technologies to support drug discovery, interpret experimental results, and present their research. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of independent research experience with an ability to learn quickly and think critically. This position will provide the motivated candidate with ample opportunity for scientific growth through exposure to all aspects of the drug discovery process. Special consideration will be given for candidates that have expertise in cancer biology. How You Will Achieve It
- Design, plan, and execute studies to explore the mechanism of action of novel drug targets and understand related biology and biomarker responses.
- Develop and validate relevant assay systems to screen and characterize small molecules in medium and high-throughput formats.
- Design, execute, analyze, and interpret experiments to drive SAR
- Results and methodologies will be clearly communicated to teams and appropriately documented in laboratory notebooks.
- Keep current with appropriate biology and technical literature, and contribute new ideas to advance project work.
- Contribute to a culture that prioritizes scientific discovery, pursues excellence, and encourages growth.
- BS in the biological sciences with 2-5 years or MS with relevant laboratory experience.
- Extensive cell culture experience
- Experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques such as Western blotting, qPCR, CRISPR-Cas9 or si/shRNA, immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation, or cloning/plasmid engineering, etc.
- Demonstrated success in biochemical and cellular assay design and development such as Nanoluciferase, ELISA, thermo-shift, CETSA, Alpha-Screen, or HTRF, etc.
- Ability to work independently and design experiments that test complex hypotheses.
- Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task/ prioritize and manage timing of daily activities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Fluency in basic data analysis software such as GraphPad, Excel, or Activity Base, etc.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in generation and/or interpretation of multi-omic datasets, such as RNAseq, ChIPseq, proteomics, or functional genomic screens.
- Expertise in oncogenic signaling, cell cycle regulation, and/or epigenetic/transcriptional regulation.
- Basic job will require both work at the lab bench and analysis time at the computer.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development