Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Leukocyte-Tissue Interface (LTI) group is part of our Inflammation & Immunology area and is looking for a Senior Associate Scientist at the BS/MS level to join a discovery group developing a cutting-edge, collaborative research program on the interactions of parenchymal a nd stromal cells with resident and infiltrating leukocytes. T his position is primarily focused in projects impacting the Oncology and Inflammation & Immunology Research Units but may also work on collaborations with the Rare Disease and Internal Medicine Units .
The Senior Associate Scientist will support a cross-disciplinary team of scientists focusing on inflammation and immuno-oncology. The team collaborates across research units to develop novel therapeutics at the intersection between immunology and these respective disciplines. The colleague will conduct experiments to effectively and rapidly advance the biologic foundation in breaking areas of science, collaborate with others to employ cutting edge technologies including high-parameter flow cytometry, optical microscopy, high content screening, systems immunology, and single cell RNA techniques.How You Will Achieve It
- Assist in executing experiments to generate primary data from diseased tissues, sourced from experimental animal models and biopsies obtained from patients.
- Aid senior-level scientists in the group develop and maintain cell-culture models of relevant diseases.
- Ensure scientific excellence in the execution of experiments in the context of applied research.
- Guarantee that data generation, analysis, and retention is handled in a compliant manner ensuring the highest quality and integrity of findings.
- Support the basic science effort at Pfizer by delivering quality datasets to assist in the development new portfolio programs.
- B.S. Degree and a t least 2 years of relevant research experience in discovery science or M.S. Degree with relevant laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of medical issues, immunology and inflammation.
- Record of delivering quality datasets that empower the generation of new programs.
- Established history of working well in a team environment and collaborating with other scientists to complement individual areas of expertise with partner capabilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to disseminate scientific findings in a concise manner to the group.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical R&D.
- Experience with key techniques and protocols such as tissue sectioning, histology, imaging, nucleic acid isolation, flow cytometry, qPCR, and ELISAs.
- Ability to adapt quickly and triage new targets that arise from ongoing discovery efforts in the group.
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new techniques.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development