About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit at any of the 48 States **Position Summary
The Senior Application Developer specializes in the design and architecture of complex applications and extremely proficient in application integration. The position has the ability to convert abstract concepts into viable solutions using existing applications as well as new technology techniques and tools. The Senior Application Developer is focused nearly exclusively on extremely complex "enterprise" projects, and providing support as needed. The position has considerable expertise in a variety of technologies, including industry tools not currently being used at COH. The position has the ability to architect systems end-to-end (e.g. server to client), understands how different systems operate, their possible integration points and knows how to connect them. The Senior Application Developer has a broad knowledge of various development technologies/methods and when to best use them. The position provides technical application development and architecture mentorship to non-senior developers on the team.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with various stakeholders (including customers, ITS personnel, vendors, etc.).
- Expertise in architecting, developing, implementing, and maintaining applications and services both internal and external to COH.
- Develop, maintain, and implement custom systems and applications.
- Communicate both technical and business aspects of development projects to users and analysts.
- Write application documentation.
- Keep current with industry standard technologies and development methods necessary to build enterprise grade, scalable systems.
- Designs and implements overall COH enterprise middleware strategy.
- Expertise in developing, implementing, and maintaining applications and services both internal and external to COH.
- Create detailed specifications for applications architecture, coding standards, and associated database schema and plan for most efficient method of integrating key elements for one and between multiple applications.
- Mentor and train other programmers.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities. Act as a technical resource for the team to resolve complex problems.
- Follows department standards in change, release, incident, problem, project, and crisis management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- 5 years of demonstrated expert application development/testing experience using OOP
- 5 years demonstrated experience and expert knowledge applying enterprise scale software development lifecycle
- 5 or more years of application architecture experience in information technology environment
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.