Immunology Group within Translational Research Department uses traditional and cutting-edge technology to ensure the safety of all therapeutic strategies at Spark. It is also responsible for the proof-of-concept studies design and execution for treatment of autoimmune diseases, choice of autoimmune indications and establishing the candidate development strategy from Research to Preclinical stage. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to, in collaboration with other team members, propose, design, plan and coordinate execution of in vivo and in vitro studies with the goal of advancing autoimmune disease programs.
The (Senior) Scientist is going to be a member of Immunology Group within the Translational Research Department. He/She will be responsible for:
Job Function and Description
- Participating in and/or overseeing autoimmune disease and immunology related projects in support of current and future company programs
- Design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and interpret results from immune, bioanalytical, and molecular techniques involving genomics, transcriptomics (e.g., single-cell RNA sequencing, RNA in situ hybridization, etc.) and proteomics (exploration of post-translational modifications) in support of preclinical proof-of-concept Immunology Group studies
- Therapeutic constructs design: transgene and protein engineering for gene and/or protein/cell therapy applications
- Strategic planning, execution, and reporting of pre-clinical immunology studies; proposing novel strategies for treatment of autoimmune disorders
- Keep abreast of new scientific and technical advances reported in the literature to support expansion and advancement of potential therapeutics for autoimmune diseases
- Design, plan, execute and/or coordinate the execution of the proof-of-concept studies, including exploration of new technologies such as in vitro assay systems development for testing potential therapeutics and their in-depth molecular analysis
- Strategic data analysis, review and reporting in the form of study reports and summary presentations
- Optimization of proposed therapeutic constructs by means of transgene and protein engineering
- Performance of cross-functional projects to support Immunology Group at large
- Ph.D. in Immunology or related field
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience in autoimmune disorders and/or gene therapy (AAV-based gene therapy is preferred)
- Transgene and protein engineering know-how for gene and/or protein/cell therapy applications
- Experience in assisting and mentoring research associates
- Experience with design and execution of in vitro/in vivo experiments, data analysis, presentation, and scientific writing of data generated
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market:
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.