What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be a member of our growing Bioinformatics/Data Analytics team and contribute to microbial-focused Next Generation Sequence (NGS) analysis efforts. You will contribute to the development and maintenance of automated sequence analysis workflows, develop custom solutions for genomic and metagenomics sequence analysis. You will also contributing to data visualization, evaluation and testing of new software packages and algorithms.
You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact the project. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will be forecasting and planning resource requirements for your project team. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will mentor and guide team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Engage and work with internal colleagues, external vendors and Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
- Collaborate with Pfizer teams and development group to pursue the most promising drug incumbents through clinical trials.
- Effectively collaborate with other members of the Oncology Research & Discovery and supporting partner lines.
- Participate in collaborations on novel T cell/DC targets with internal and external collaborators.
- Assist Lead Biomarker Scientist to develop, optimize, validate, and perform FACS-based and other biomarker assays to support studies in Clinical Research Unit (CRU) and external protocols.
- Conduct cell-based immunoassays on clinical samples in accordance with Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) requirements.
- Develop assays or animal models required to support various vaccine projects.
- Develop tool assets for advancing systems biology group projects including cell models of disease, chemical probe validation, and molecular library construction.
- Mentor and guide colleagues in the design and execution of experiments.
- Identify, trouble-shoot, and optimize relevant assay systems, technologies, and readouts.
- Conduct research that leads to publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentation of data at internal and external meetings.
- PhD and a minimum of 1 year of directly related post doc or industry experience as described below or MS and a minimum of 7 years related experience or BS and a minimum of 9 years of experience
- Hands-on experience and expertise with mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry/FACS, immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy, ELISA, and cell culture techniques such as spheroid cultures/3D assays
- Experience in immune cell isolation and characterization using multi-color flow cytometry
- Broad experience in assessing T cell and/or Defined Contribution function, differentiation, and memory development
- Technical knowledge of cancer biology and oncogenic signaling pathways
- Experience performing complex data analysis
- Experience mentoring or guiding colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Extensive experience in cancer research, tumor microenvironment biology, immunology, or related fields, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
- Specific expertise in the study of cell cycle related Cyclin Dependent Kinases including direct assessments of cellular activity, localization and interaction with their molecular networks
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development