Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU) is committed to finding cures for cardiovascular disease, metabolic diseases, and related complications. The Metabolism group is part of IMRU and focused on identifying novel therapies to improve metabolic homeostasis in patients afflicted with these diseases. Our goal is to build a research team of driven scientists focused on developing a deep mechanistic understanding of the metabolic pathways driving Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH), obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular and renal diseases.How You Will Achieve It
We are seeking a highly motivated non-PhD Scientist with experience in rodent handling and basic molecular and cellular biology techniques to support key mechanistic and pharmacological research. The ideal candidate will design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments, and can demonstrate the ability to analyze, interpret and effectively communicate results. The candidate is expected to possess technical skills in the areas of rodent handling, dosing, tissue/blood collection and basic molecular and cellular biology techniques.A desire to understand the underlying causes of metabolic disease and basic metabolic pathways involved is essential and we look for a driven scientist motivated to have a deep understanding of the development of the disease.Qualifications Must-Have
- Bachelors with a minimum of 3+ years of experience or a thesis based Master's Degree with 0-3 years of work experience in in vivo biology
- Hands-on experience working with rodents including multiple routes of administration and tissue collection
- Basic laboratory skills for standard cell and molecular biology methods including but not limited to cell culture, immunoassays such as ELISAs and western blotting, and quantitative real-time PCR
- Experience in experimental design and the interpretation of results
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Possess strong written/verbal communication skills and the ability to present at both internal and external meetings
- Experience in primary cell culture
- Experience in rodent metabolic disease models
- Must be able to wear standard PPE (lab coat/safety shoes/glasses/etc).
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development