Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Cell Culture Team (CCT) in High-throughput Clinical Immunoassays and Diagnostics (HCID) provides high-quality cultured eukaryotic cells to various laboratories within Pfizer Vaccines Research and Development (VRD) to support the research and development of our extensive vaccines pipeline. As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to, preparation andqualification of cell culture reagents, loading results into LIMS, supplying different types of adherent and/or suspension cell lines for cell-based assays, and improving cell production processes to accommodate clinical and developmental cell demands with proper documentation. The position involves documentation authoring and performing other tasks as assigned, related to High-throughput Clinical Immunoassays and Diagnostics bioassays. All of the above includes practicing laboratory safety at all times and perform all work compliantly according to relevant SOP guidelines and GLP and/or GMP guidelines. As an integral member of the dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong, positive work ethic and be highly collaborative with the other group members. This position interacts and collaborates with laboratory analysts who work outside of the CCT, as well as other CCT laboratory analysts and CCT leadership. How You Will Achieve It
- Complete required documentation for laboratory work. This includes information and data organization/review.
- After proficiency is demonstrated and experience is obtained, the incumbent may be asked to train, or assist in the training, of other new analysts on protocol(s).
- Provide input in study design and/or perform experiments for improvement, qualification, and QC of cell lines and clinical serology functional bioassays. Assist Assay Development personnel in these endeavors as directed by the supervisor.
- Review documentation associated with protocols and SOPs, including data generation / archiving, SOP and reports writing / review as assigned by the supervisor.
- Present experimental results at group meetings and project meetings. Write monthly progress report if applicable.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet project task deadlines.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements. Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in life science (e.g. biology, cell biology, immunology, virology, microbiology) or bioengineering with at least 4 years of experience or MA/MS degree with at least 1 year of laboratory experience in cell culture. Hands-on experience in a regulated laboratory environment is strongly desired.
- Ability to use appropriate software to perform analysis of data
- Basic laboratory skills in mammalian cell culture
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
- The capacity to work effectively in a team-oriented environment on several research programs simultaneously with aggressive timelines. Able to work with limited daily supervision.
- Experience with experimental design and the interpretation of results
- Hands-on experience with sterile technique, pipetting, performing simple calculations, typing, basic problem-solving, microscopy, flow cytometry are preferred.
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench and at an office desk using a computer. The job involves lifting relatively light loads, not more than 10 pounds. This position may require the ability to stand and reach inside the hardware environment of various laboratory robotic equipment.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position requires occasional weekend work to meet critical timelines.
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development