About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Strategy Analytics Manager will support the development and implementation of the key strategic initiatives in Orange County. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Services, the incumbent will provide decision support, external market analytics and service line analytics leadership. This position will also be responsible for external market assessment including competitor analyses; forecasting, analyzing, and interpreting financial/utilization data and healthcare trends; identifying healthcare strategic issues; market research; forming hypotheses; designing and conducting analyses; and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and presentation materials. In addition, the incumbent will manage the regular reporting and monitoring of the regional strategic plan.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Develops recommendations and presentations based on analysis of market and utilization data, including but not limited to market analysis, service line analysis and internal volume and operational excellence analysis. Manages and supports the development of complex, strategic data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources.
- Manages the data collection, reporting, and monitoring of the regional strategic plan, as well as produces other regular reports for Orange County leadership.
- Provides data-driven insights and recommendations contributing to the growth and development of Orange County.
- Creates and executes project work plans, milestones and metrics to align with project outcomes. Revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Provides interface among enterprise business intelligence, finance, enterprise strategy, clinical operations and executive management to access operational information and provide meaningful analytical information to assess and improve organizational & strategic performance. Provides consultation on how to collect and define data that can be transformed into meaningful information.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, literature review, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest market trends.
- Develops standards and shares best practices pertaining to reporting tools, templates and data analytics. Provides mentorship and coaching to junior team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum Experience: Five years of financial/analytical experience in a healthcare setting with a large healthcare facility, consulting firm or multi-system healthcare facility with a high level of complexity.
- Experience in performing rigorous strategic analytics and managing the metrics reporting process for a health care organization.
- Prior experience in demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.