The Cancer Prevention & Control Platform ("Platform") accelerates the development, dissemination, and amplification of evidence-based strategies, community services, policy interventions, and knowledge targeting measurable reductions in cancer incidence and mortality at a population level. The Platform represents MD Anderson's primary, focused activation of expertise in the science of public health practice, community-based dissemination of evidence-based practices, applied implementation science, and impact measurement for community-facing initiatives.
To reduce the risk of cancer, it is critical to empower community-based organizations - such as schools, community colleges, non-profit organizations, workplaces, government agencies and policymakers - with evidence-based interventions, especially in communities with limited resources. The Platform leads significant place-based initiatives working with more than 50 local, regional, and state organizations to deliver evidence-based interventions in cancer prevention and control
The primary purpose of the Sr Statistical Analyst position is to carry out data analysis, planning and preparation responsibilities related to program impact evaluation, public health surveillance and health systems research and practice. Additional roles of the data analyst include but not limited to: develop skilled statistical programs; perform statistical analysis associated with program and clinical data; develop mixed methods approach for quantitative and qualitative analysis; prepare written reports, manuscripts and grant application with investigators. This position makes original contributions to research and practice projects and take initiative in professional activities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong statistical background and be able to demonstrate skills in reporting and data visualization using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, SPSS, SAS or other statistical and/or visualization programming. This position will work closely with the entire Platform Team, the Impact Evaluation Core as well as collaborating organizations and contributes to a strong team environment and fosters inclusivity. These efforts will be aligned to best practices in data analysis, collection, and management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Analytics and Planning:
* Compiles, analyzes, and reports statistical data for various projects including, but not limited to manual and computer-aided data abstraction/evaluation, program impact evaluation, clinical and research studies.
* Prepares statistical considerations for program implementation, monitoring and impact evaluation designs.
* Assists faculty and program staff in the development of new statistical methodology for measurement and analysis of data.
* Applies advanced statistical methods, simulation models, and skilled statistical programming as needed.
* Performs exploratory data analysis, descriptive statistics, univariate and multivariate analysis, regression, longitudinal, and both quantitative and qualitative data under supervision of investigators and program staff.
* Assesses relevant literature as well as existing data, evaluates the quality of data used in reports and assists with preparation and distribution of data for committee and scientific meetings.
* Ensures validity and integrity of data
* Synthesizes and translates quantitative data reporting into qualitative applications for completion of program impact evaluation, research and grant applications for faculty, researchers and program staff.
* Makes original contributions to research projects and takes initiative in professional activities.
2. Data Management and Statistical Reporting
* Assists end users to organize, cleanse and prepare data for loading.
* Assists Research Scientists and Investigators to organize and prepare data for loading.
* Assists users at all levels to identify potential data management solutions to enhance productivity.
* Assists end users to perform analysis of requirements and develop prototypes.
* Identifies and develops data visualization methods for high fidelity data presentation.
* Assist key members on data standards and data sharing with partners, collaborating organizations both internal and external.
* Prepares written reports, manuscripts, and grant applications for investigators with minimal supervision.
* Presents findings at relevant meetings both inside and outside of the institution.
3. General Functions:
* Coordinates efforts with systems owners and users.
* Facilitates and coordinates the smooth flow of data management-related communication by acting as a liaison.
* Extracts and compiles various sources of information/large data sets from various systems or applications.
* Sets up process for monitoring, tracking, and trending information/data using various systems or applications.
* Prepares well-organized, easily understood reports, analysis, and summary of findings for use by management.
* Assists in preparation of regularly produced reports to support executive decision making.
* Researches and analyzes report results identifying opportunities/trends.
* Works with internal, external and enterprise individuals as needed to research, develop and document new standard reports or processes.
* Consolidates data from multiple sources, using industry-based tools or manually; must be able to process data effectively using Microsoft Excel and Business Intelligence tools.
* Collaborates with informatics stakeholders to develop Data Mining capability.
* Supports management and other team members as requested on all things data related.
* Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Possesses ability to work in a high demand and dynamic environment.
* Possesses ability to solve problems and provide solutions to all aspects of data management challenges.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: Master's degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics or related field.
Preferred: PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics or related field.
Required: Four years experience with mainframe and/or PC databases, document processing and statistical software such as SAS and S-Plus. With preferred degree, two years of required experience.
Preferred: Experience with health data informatics management and data analysis, document processing and statistical software with extensive experience in statistical consulting, data analysis, design and management of health informatics and program impact evaluation. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure. Willing and able to work extended and flexible hours, function under demanding circumstances.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html