The Genetically Engineered Rodent Models (GERM) Core possesses specialized expertise and state-of-the-art equipment for providing essential mouse services to individual investigators and large research programs at Baylor College of Medicine and collaborative investigators of other institutes. The Core is offering a highly motivated and competent professional the opportunity to serve as a Research Associate in a team-based research setting. Primary responsibilities include assisting with the production of mouse models using gene editing approaches and implementing new gene editing and embryo manipulation methods. Experience designing CRISPR-based genome editing approaches and genotyping schemes, genome editing reagent preparation, and mouse embryo manipulation preferred. Should be enthusiastic about collaborative and interdisciplinary research and demonstrate excellent scientific communication skills.Job Duties
- Design CRISPR-based genome editing approaches.
- Design genotyping schemes to identify on- and off-target gene editing events.
- Review proposed genome editing and genotyping approaches with Core users.
- Perform embryo and animal genotyping, analyze results, and report results to Core users.
- Assist with rodent embryology and animal husbandry.
- May establish new genome editing and embryology protocols and procedures.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience working with genetically engineered mice.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.