Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
The incumbent will contribute to a dynamic team advancing vaccine research and development for viral disease targets. Responsibilities will be hands-on execution of exploratory protein and RNA quality analysis, generation and characterization of lipid nanoparticle (LNP)-formulated RNA tasks. Strong hands-on experience and proficiency in LNP formulation and RNA/protein biologic analysis will be key to this position. The incumbent should possess a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine RNA and LNP formulation tasks, including buffer preparation and LNP manufacturing etc.
- Design and perform analytical experiments to characterize the quality of RNA, LNP and protein antigens. The incumbent should be familiar with analytical techniques including MS, HPLC, FA, Zeta potential characterization, DLS and Ribogreen assay.
- Present and submit data to the supervisor/manager for review in the form of summaries or technical reports, and verbally present experimental results at group meetings as needed. Document and summarize experimental data in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Strong motivation, passion and commitment to science and engineering of novel entities.
- Ability and desire to work in an interdisciplinary scientific team and the desire to learn new techniques.
- The ability to work closely with other group members within and outside viral vaccines is essential.
- Complete all safety and quality training in compliance with department and company requirements.
- Non-PhD position. Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical engineering, or a related scientific field. MS with 1+ years of research experience, or BS with 3+ years of full-time laboratory research experience.
- Laboratory hands-on experience with RNA-LNP formulation.
- Laboratory hands-on experience with RNA, LNP and protein antigen analytical techniques.
- Detail oriented with problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis tasks. Ability to handle infectious agents following protocol.OTHER INFORMATION
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development