A Biotherapeutics Pharm Sci Team Leader (PSTL) leads multiple interdisciplinary Pharmaceutical Sciences Project Teams (PSPTs). The PSTL also acts as the single point of accountability for Biotherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences (BTx PS) on the Asset or Program teams for the assigned projects. The Biotherapeutics PSTL may be assigned to lead projects at any development stage from discovery stage to Proof of Concept (PoC), depending on the needs of the portfolio.
In addition, the candidate will interface with internal Pfizer Research Units (RU), external biotech partners and Biomedical Design (BMD) either as an extended leadership member or as a point of contact to provide input on strategies, new technologies and projects. This will require on-site presence at RU/external biotech/BMD for active listening and discussion and openness to new way of thinking/execution.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The individual will be responsible to engage other subject matter experts as needed.
- Leading BTx PS Project Teams, which are comprised of scientists from the key disciplines in BTx PS and are responsible for Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) strategy development and plan execution for the assigned projects, ensuring deliverables are met on time and of high quality.
- Represents BTx PS as a member of the Asset/Global Medicine Team; responsible to drive overall developmental strategy for the projects, which include both internal and in-licensed projects
- Working with key stakeholders across commercial, clinical and Pfizer Global Supplies (PGS) to define the product concept and lead the operational planning for assigned projects
- Interfacing with Drug Safety, Dev Ops, Global Supply Chain, and Clinical to develop a clinical supply and administration strategy.
- Acting as a technical leader and ambassador for BTx PS to asset/Global Medicine team, governance bodies and other key stakeholders; representing the BTx PS viewpoint to greater Pfizer and educating stakeholders on BTx PS technologies, opportunities, risks, and work processes.
- Contributing effectively to the BTx Project Team, ensuring productive two-way communication and alignment of plans between PharmSci and other Lines or Therapeutic Area Strategies.
- Ensuring effective leadership of BTx projects through appropriate governance structures, as well as managing interactions between PSPT and Co-Development teams to plan and execute the transition of assigned projects to full-scale commercial manufacture and launch.
- Working with Procurement and BTx PS Outsourcing Specialists to manage interactions with third party manufacturers and other vendors necessary for the projects.
- Ensuring that the PSPT maintains accurate and timely PS project plans, resource forecasts, annual budgets, and related deliverables for the assigned projects.
- Contributing to continuous improvement efforts within BTx PS and across greater Pfizer through such activities as Limited Duration Teams, "Lessons Learned" exercises, and mentoring other PSTLs and team members.
- Lead out-licensing of projects or working with an external partner for in-licensing a candidate. This will require close interaction with business development, licensing management team and other functions.
- Understanding early portfolio and technologies being developed to design and evaluate current and novel molecular construct and bring in BTx PS expertise and viewpoint.
- Master's Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering or an Analytical chemistry-based discipline plus 6+ years of experience in drug development; demonstrated success in leading scientific teams; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers and key stakeholders (including drug safety and clinical); develop and coach others; oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes, budget management and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- PhD with 10+ years in drug development.
- Proven ability to interface with external biotech partners for project advancement through CMC development activities to enable early clinical trials
- Matrix team leadership experience on portfolio assets, continuous improvement projects and inter-disciplinary teams with strong organizational acumen
- Leading projects and initiatives through ambiguous and new territory development paradigms
- Leading through change and demonstrating high learning agility
- Extensive industry understanding and network
- Represented their line technical function on a CMC development team
- Adept at translating complex situations in to crisp and concise messages as written communications and whilst presenting at all levels of an organization
Additional Job Information
- Travel to BTxPS sites (Chesterfield MO, Andover MA, Chapel Hill NC)
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply: May 18, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development