Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As part of the Comparative Medi cine team, you will provide basi c husbandry, handling, restraint and health surveillance of laboratory animals in comp liance with federal and local regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for maint aining inventory of animal supplies and provide basic techni cal assistance (i.e., restrain t, injections, blood collections) in support of research studies.
It is your hard work along with innovative ideas and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and hel p patients acro ss the globe How You Will Achieve It
- Perform routine animal hus bandry duties as directed
- Observe and report status of animal health, food and water con sumption, appearance, behavior
- Provide support in basic veterinary medical treatment as presc ribed by the veterinary staff
- Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance
- Support research by providi ng specialty technic al services (dose administration, blood collect ion, record keeping and addi tional services) to research investigators
- Required to work with all species housed at the site
- Train and mentor new hires i n animal husbandry and facility su pport duties fulfilling department training requirements.
- May be required to work under o ne of the following: The United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated R egulations and S tandards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animal s, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC acc reditation standards
- High School Degree or GED required
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Associates or BS/BA preferred
- AALAS Certification preferred • Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting it ems above shoulder level for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive ph ysical activities such as: pus hing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and bedding, reaching, stooping an d bending
- For this position, if at a site with nonhuman primates, you ar e expected to enter the nonhuman primate areas as part of y our job responsibilities, a pre-hire requirement is either providing proof of measles immunity or receiving the mea sles vaccination before hire.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Weekend and holiday w ork are required
- This is an Essentia l Personnel role: Essential Personnel are defined as the staff t hat are required to report to their designated work location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by Pfizer, or when the business has suspended operations. There are some individuals who may be required to perform essential services remotely and those individuals will be identif ied in advance and notified by th eir supervisors, but in most cases Essential Personnel are required to be on- site during an emergency or suspension of operations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development