The Pfizer Viral Vaccines group is seeking an Associate Scientist to join our highly dynamic team in support of multiple vaccine research and development programs, including the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of our mRNA-based vaccine platforms. The incumbent will be supporting activities related to mRNA optimization, production and characterization, including but not limited to: Standard molecular biology techniques, in-vitro mRNA transcription, capping and in-vitro characterization using cell-free/cell-based assays, with the aim of optimizing vaccine design strategies. The successful candidate will be part of a very collaborative team and should possess a strong work ethic, be dependable and adaptable to fast-paced environments. Role Responsibilities
- Perform standard DNA Molecular Biology techniques;
- Synthesize and characterize mRNA constructs using a variety of assays
- Perform cell-based assays to evaluate mRNA vaccine candidates
- In collaboration with manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings as needed.
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactorily completes all safety and quality training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Virology, or a related scientific field.
- BS with 2-4 years of laboratory research experience.
- Laboratory hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques (eg. PCR, qPCR, basic cloning, DNA/RNA production and purification, DNA/RNA sequencing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of molecular biology and sequence analysis software, and proficiency with application such as: word processing, Microsoft Office, Graphpad and Geneious .
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- MS with 0-2 years of research experience.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience handling and manipulating mRNA highly desirable.
- Experience with cell culture techniques and flow cytometry preferred.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Basic laboratory training in aseptic technique is essential.
- The capacity to work effectively in a highly visible research program with time-constrained milestones.
- Eligible for Relocation Package
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development