We are seeking a candidate specializing in lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation and characterization to work in the BioMedicine Design (BMD) line of the Medicinal Sciences Organization. In this role the candidate will perform the generation and screening of novel LNP formulations. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate LNP formulations with novel components. Expected involvement in the design and execution of these studies and the ability to run experiments independently.
- Work collaboratively with analytical and production teams to ensure quality of all LNP formulations generated.
- Ability to independently analyze results and troubleshoot experiments.
- Presentation of results to project teams.
- BS Degree with 4+ or MS Degree with 2+ years experience in biochemistry, biophysics, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical science, or a related discipline.
- Hands on experience in laboratory research is required, preferably in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, drug discovery and development.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and capable of completing experiments with minimal supervision.
- Experience and good understanding on nanoparticle formulation/characterization, RNA biology/ stability.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel for data analysis and presentation.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- Prior experience in industry working on biopharmaceuticals and familiarity with the drug development process is desirable.
- Hands on experience with lipid nanoparticles preferred.
N/ANON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
N/APfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development