The Manager, Biostatistics position is located at the Cambridge, MA office and reports to an Associate Director. There is no management of people in this role. The group is part of nonclinical statistics in Pfizer's Early Clinical Development (ECD) Biostatistics and focuses on preclinical in vivo experiments.
We are looking for a statistician who wants to be a drug developer, covering all aspects of drug discovery from disease target identification, animal model development, biomarker development, and demonstration of proof-of-concept. The candidate will represent Biostatistics (with varying degrees of independence) in a cross-functional team in a variety of therapeutic areas by doing the design and analysis of in vivo / in vitro experiments. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in understanding drug target biology to provide effective statistical consultation with biological scientists. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively present statistical analyses in reports and presentations.
- Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good practices are followed.
- Become a core member of scientific teams with impact on strategy.
- Question existing endpoints, derive new endpoints, and develop fit-for-purpose statistical models.
- Understand the biology across multiple research units (Immunology & Inflammation, Internal Medicine, Rare Disease, CTI) to properly collaborate with scientists on the design and analysis of experiments.
- Where possible, standardize processes and methodologies within and across therapeutic areas.
- Bring innovative thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within Pfizer.
- Provide statistical skills on regulatory submissions and ensure quality of deliverables.
- MS degree in Statistics or a comparable quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant experience (i.e., design of in vivo / in vitro experiments and statistical applications for preclinical research).
- Programming in R (3+ years), Knowledge in additional hardware/software (HPC, Git, Graphpad Prism).
- Bachelor's or graduate-level training in Biology.
- Capability to provide statistical direction to cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with research scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- PhD in Statistics or a comparable quantitative field
- Interest in Biology is essential, Bachelor's or graduate-level training in Biology.
- Understand statistical applications for preclinical research or previous preclinical/non-clinical experience.
- Programming in R (3+ years, Shiny and Rmd), Knowledge in SAS, databases, and additional hardware/software (HPC, Git, Graphpad Prism).
- Statistics Ambassador
- Able to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively as a part of a team.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.