At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Proactively seeks technology, research or development projects that give the company a competitive edge in the future.
- Technical expert in adhesive chemistries, polymer network physics, highly filled suspension rheology, and/or resin cure chemistry.
- Manages projects independently, assesses logistical requirements to successfully complete projects and plans accordingly.
- Provides work direction to technicians and/or Engineers/Scientists working on the projects under his/her leadership.
- Translates customer and market feedback into technical specifications and develops product formulations and applicable data packages for specific customers and general market.
- Manages product development process via stage gate system in collaboration with professional project managers.
- Reads and interprets patents, examines new product concepts and technology, and determines how to improve or utilize technology. Generates intellectual property in the form of patents, trade secrets, and formulation know-how.
- Contributes actively to a safe work culture by applying and contributing to safety procedures and lab safety systems.
- Participates and presents papers at conferences, serves in professional committees.
- Conducts programs for studying structures and properties of various materials such as metals, alloys, ceramics, semiconductors and polymer composites to obtain research data.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or related fields, with a minimum of 3 years' work experience in research and development, or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or related fields and a minimum of 5 years in research and development.
- Working experience with films, ceramic materials, curing technologies and 100% solids or water-based formulations preferred.
- Understanding of heat transfer fundamentals and thermal management issues preferred.
- Conductive polymers or polymeric composites for EMI shielding would be a bonus.
- Broad based knowledge of polymer science, including polymer chemistry, structure property relationships, rheology, bulk and adhesive mechanics of soft materials and fillers surface treatment.
- Specific background in commercial polymer systems, including epoxy, silicone, urethane, elastomers and others.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.