Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. ROLE SUMMARY
As a Scientist in the Early Bioprocess Development within Pfizer Vaccine Research and Development, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Y ou will join a large team of Scientists focused on conjugation process development for manufacturing carbohydrate-based conjugate vaccines . Primary duties include development and optimization of conjugation methods, purification, and analysis of glycoconjugates. The individual will become a key contributor towards the early development and scale up of glycoconjugate vaccines. Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations, where applicable. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, optimize and scale-up conjugation process for glycoconjugate vaccine candidates.
- Plan and execute experiments for conjugate vaccine candidates.
- Present periodic status updates to the group, discuss problems and propose solutions in discussion with group members. Offer insights based on experience to group members to help solve problems.
- Continuously evaluate each process and technique to determine if it is robust, appropriate, and scalable. If an operation has shortcomings or can be improved, uses expertise or work with senior group members to advance objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Fermentation, Purification, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups.
- Participate in the technology transfer of developed process to the clinical manufacturing site, both internally and externally, and provide the technical support as needed.
- Fully document laboratory experiments in electronic notebook in a timely and compliant manner and prepare technical reports as needed.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- MS degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry or related discipline with minimum 3 years industrial experience or BS degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry or related discipline with minimum 5 years industrial experience/ laboratory experience.
- Strong background in organic chemistry is required.
- Experience in glycoconjugate process development, scale-up, purification and glycoconjugate analysis preferred.
- Experience designing, planning, and executing experiments as well as operating and maintaining instruments, resolving technical problems related to instruments, and executing analytical methods.
- Experience analyzing and providing conclusions regarding experimental data generated.
- Hands on experience with various analytical techniques such as HPLC, SECMALS, UV-Vis, NMR, and other routine lab instruments.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and relevant scientific software is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with documentation of laboratory notebook in an electronic format.
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development