What You Will Achieve
Within the Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU), the Metabolism and Mass Spectrometry lab is focused on providing decision-making data in the identification / validation of new targets, and the development of new compounds for the treatment of metabolic diseases including cachexia, HFpEF, hyperinsulinemia and other diseases where dysmetabolic states play a key pathophysiological role. We are seeking a motivated, self-aware individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills, and a deep interest in metabolism and biological sciences.
The successful candidate will have skill sets in analytical chemistry and liquid chromatography / mass spectrometry (LCMS) as well as in biological sample handling and preparation. The successful candidate will be able to learn new techniques quickly as needed to support projects. The candidate will be involved in research projects from early target validation to drug development and function in a highly collaborative team environment. How You Will Achieve It
- Conduct end-to-end analysis of pharmacodynamic markers from preclinical in vivo studies including metabolite extraction, standard curve generation, LCMS and data analysis.
- Analysis of in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo samples to assess effect of target modulation, as to identify biomarkers of target engagement and efficacy.
- Biological sample preparation and extraction for, and LCMS acquisition of, metabolomics and/or lipidomics data.
- Perform regular upkeep and troubleshoot LCMS instrumentation as needed, including (U)HPLCs, Sciex 5500, 6500, Thermo Orbitraps, and Bruker timsTOF.
- Communicate and present data to project teams
- Maintenance of laboratory notebook records and adherence to safety policies is strictly required
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field with 2+ years of lab experience or Master's Degree with relevant laboratory experience
- Experience in applied LCMS and general analytical chemistry techniques.
- Wet lab experience with basic biological sample handling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- General knowledge of cellular metabolism.
- Experience with Thermo or Bruker high resolution Mass Spectrometry
- Experience with metabolomics or lipidomics data acquisition and analysis
- Experience with ion mobility separations
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Lifting, sitting, bending, standing, walking
- Eligible for Relocation Support
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development