What You Will Achieve
At Pfizer we strive to deliver Breakthroughs That Change Patients Lives . Our Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) are an entrepreneurial group within Pfizer that collaborate with leading academic centers and biotech companies to translate the most promising science into novel therapeutics. CTI is seeking a Scientist at the BS/MS level to join our preclinical research and drug discovery team in the RNA Medicines group, based in New York City. CTI's state-of-the-art labs are located within the Alexandria Center for Life Science, in close proximity to several leading academic centers.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the CTI-RNA Medicines team and work to advance CTI's portfolio and emerging science areas. They will work collaboratively with CTI personnel, other Pfizer colleagues and academic or biotech partners to meet aggressive project goals and timelines. The candidate will design and execute key experiments to address the basic biology of pathways, their connection to human disease and the therapeutic feasibility of RNA modalities in these areas.
This Scientist is expected to fully embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values, and goals of CTI and contribute to creating and exciting, productive, collaborative, and scientifically rigorous working environment. The qualified candidate will be an individual contributor to highly matrixed multidisciplinary teams collaborating closely with CTI colleagues, academic and biotech partners, and various Pfizer R&D partner-linesHow You Will Achieve It
- Work independently and creatively to design and execute key experiments.
- Perform in vitro studies utilizing molecular, biochemical, and cellular techniques to enhance confidence in rationale in RNA portfolio projects and identify opportunities for new drug development projects.
- Interrogate relevant biology in the appropriate cellular, biochemical, and functional assays designed and developed by the incumbent.
- Present results, updates, and recommendations at regular project team meeting.
- BS or MS in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, or a closely related field
- Experience conducting laboratory research, at least 6 years of experience for BS or 4 years for MS.
- Experience with gene editing, transfection, primary cell culture, or assay development
- Strong molecular biology experience
- Experience in one or more of the biology or therapeutic areas of interest to Pfizer including, but not limited to RNA, vaccines, immuno-oncology, rare disease, or cellular reprogramming
- Ability to succeed in a small, interactive, non-traditional drug discovery environment
- Industry experience
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Experience with non-viral or viral delivery techniques
- Experience with siRNA or CRISPR-Cas9
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development