Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
This Associate Scientist position is within the Immunoassays area of the High-throughput Clinical Immunoassays & Diagnostics (HCID) Team. HCID resides under Pfizer's Vaccine Research & Development (VRD) unit and operates in a well-controlled setting under cGLP regulations to support Pfizer's vaccine programs. This laboratory-based position will contribute to the development, validation, throughput, and maintenance of various immunoassays to support both pre-clinical and clinical vaccine studies. You will work with your manager to plan, execute, and critically analyze immunoassay-based experiments. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of basic statistical analyses and will be expected to clearly interpret and communicate statistical results at group meetings. Success in this role will require collaboration with colleagues across various functional groups to coordinate lab activities and meet project deliverables. How You Will Achieve It
Other Job Details:
- Independently perform all aspects of work to support clinical and development studies with minimal support from direct supervisor.
- Participate in the planning and design of immunoassay-based experiments with your manager.
- Understand basic statistical analyses, and effectively interpret and communicate experimental results at group and project meetings, as assigned.
- Contribute to solving problems that arise in routine and non-routine assay/equipment processes.
- Follow standard operating procedures and document all work in a clear, compliant manner.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGXP regulations and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete all laboratory and safety training per departmental requirements.
- BS/BA degree in a life science discipline (e.g. biology, cell biology, immunology, virology, microbiology) with 0-2 years of post-graduation lab experience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- MA/MS degree in a life science discipline (e.g. biology, cell biology, immunology, virology, microbiology)
- Hands-on experience in a regulated (cGLP) testing laboratory setting.
- Hands-on experience working in a high-throughput screening lab environment.
- Basic understanding of various liquid-handling robotic systems.
- Familiarity with Luminex technology.
- Proven ability to perform basic statistical analyses.
- Relocation support available
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development