Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development (R&D) is at the heart of Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. When you are in R&D, ensuring drug safety and efficacy, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist, you will beplaying a key role in identifying protein-based and mRNA therapeutics. You will lead the development and validation of biochemical and of cell-based functional assays in support of Pfizer's BioMedicine (BMD) programs. You will be responsible for designing and executing experiments to probe protein expression or binding; cell-based functional assays focused on signaling, proliferation, or cytotoxicity; or other assays as the need arises. You will take advantage of and expand our toolbox of assay and automation technologies and collaborate closely with project team colleagues as you work together to identify new therapeutics. You will have the opportunity to use your scientific creativity to have an impact on multiple biotherapeutic projects and be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. Come and join in the discovery of Pfizer's next breakthrough! How You Will Achieve It
- Utilize expertise in cell biology to develop robust cell-based assays central to the entire project, from early target validation through identification and characterization of therapeutic hits and advanced lead molecules.
- Develop and run assays using high-throughput detection technologies including fluorescence and flow cytometry, taking advantage of our suite of automation equipment.
- Be an essential team player in all project phases including validation of assay reagents, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with the project teams in decision making.
- Develop partnerships and collaborations across the department, influencing project strategies and platform development.
- Author and review laboratory methods and reports.
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience, Master's Degree with 5+ years of experience or PhD with 0-3 years of experience in molecular biology/immunology/cell biology or a related discipline
- Industry experience in the field of biopharmaceuticals or immunology
- Good understanding of immunology and cellular biology
- Demonstrated experience with assay development
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software.
Other Job Details:
- Experience with high content imaging or flow cytometry or homogenous assays
- Proficiency with operation and troubleshooting of automated liquid handling equipment.
- Experience with writing scripts to automate data processing
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: May 27, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development