About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Answers telephone, screen and direct calls. Attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Register patients, retrieve medical records as needed for hospital follow-up. Confirm patient appointments, checking in/out all patients, task messages from/to staff and physicians, schedule all patient appointments (hospital and office follow-ups), collect co-payments and process all payments in Passport. Check incoming and outgoing mail, check and clear incoming faxes, verify insurance eligibility as needed. Complete all physician orders, schedule all test and diagnostic studies ordered. Obtain authorizations as needed and link authorizations to visits, tests or procedures. Verify any changes to patient demographics, update insurances at each visit.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Handles all incoming calls from the company's main telephone system. Ability to take and relay messages; provide information to callers.
- Responsible for sending out and receiving packages from deliveries.
- Greet visitors entering the organization and direct them to the correct destination.
- General administrative and clerical support from the different departments of the organization.
- Maintains a pleasant appearance of the reception area and lobby.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience.
- Full-time, day shift
- Monday -Friday, 8:00am to5:00pm
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.