This position is located within IQuESt, the Center for Innovation in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety. We are the largest center for Health Services Research within the Southwest. We conduct high-quality scientific research that improves the health of patients across the nation, by helping to ensure the patient-centered delivery of scientific discoveries. A critical aspect of this research is to utilize qualitative research methods to gain a fuller patient-centered understanding of the needs of patients and their experiences in the quality of care and understand how evidence-based practices are implemented throughout the healthcare system. The successful candidate for this position will serve as a Research Assistant providing support in a Health Services Research project examining diagnostic errors and deviations from evidence-based guidelines in the management of primary hyperparathyroidism within an integrated healthcare system.Job Duties
- Will focus on machine learning and diagnostic error, with a sub-specialty in patient safety or informatics.
- The critical review and abstraction of clinical data from an Electronic Health Record (EHR) into a research database.
- The creation and maintenance of a clinical database.
- The coordination of a research team consisting of a research assistant and a qualitative methodologist.
- The maintenance of existing regulatory approvals (e.g., IRB) for the research protocol.
- Coordination with and assistance to qualitative methodologist with recruiting participants for interviews.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field with three years of related EHR experience will be considered.
- Also, open to an MBBS degree with previous EHR experience.
- The candidate should be highly motivated to pursue a career in health care and/or health services research.
- Preference will be given to candidates with medical background, who can identify and interpret clinical information in the EHR.
- Experience with research database creation (e.g., advanced Microsoft Excel skills) is required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.