About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
Responsible for full cycle recruiting including sourcing, screening, interviewing, capturing candidates for designated assigned areas (i.e. Clinical, Research and Business). Consults with hiring managers and stakeholders to understand their needs, develops recruitment strategies, and attracts top tier talent in a timely and cost efficient manner. Responsible for developing and implementing Talent Acquisition strategies with clients. This role will be working in a manner that is both strategic and consultative to enhance client satisfaction and find the right caliber of talent for the organization. Provides all candidates, both internally and externally, with an ideal experience that projects a positive image of City of Hope.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Proactively sources and develops talent pipelines to include building and maintaining a diverse network of potential candidates for current and future needs.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies that utilize an assortment of search techniques (Internet mining, networking, social recruiting, advertising, employee referrals, alumni outreach, and college relationships) to develop a slate of qualified candidates.
- Participates in activities which build market place intelligence. Continually identifies, evaluates and provides recommendations based on trends, competitive analysis, best practices that will enhance recruitment outcomes.
- Sources, evaluates, and dispositions applications for internal transfers and external candidates based on position criteria and in accordance with OFCCP/affirmative action regulations.
- Assesses all candidates via phone or in person prior to presenting applications/resumes to hiring managers for consideration.
- Coaches and counsels hiring managers on talent acquisition processes.
- Partners with Compensation to assess circumstances related to internal equity, market conditions and department funding considerations. Provides recommendation on the offer package to hiring managers.
- Extends job offers to candidates and ensures all pre-employment and on-boarding paperwork and processes are completed in accordance with City of Hope's policies and requirements.
- Partners with key internal stakeholders (i.e. HRSPs) to ensure there is alignment on recruitment related activities and decisions.
- Ensures candidates and hiring managers have an ideal experience by ensuring timely contact, feedback and customer support throughout the interviewing, selection, hiring and on-boarding processes.
- Keeps informed on developments in areas such as wages and salaries, employee benefits, and general personnel practices as it relates to market conditions and City of Hope practice.
- Ensures that recruiting and hiring activities are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures.
- Builds positive relationships with colleges, associations and professional organizations by participating in networking events, job fairs and industry conferences.
- Monitors monthly expenditures and validates with management. Ensures adherence to budget.
- Meets and/or exceeds defined performance metrics and standards assigned to role.
- Ensures accurate data input into the applicant tracking system and PeopleSoft HRIS system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources and/or similar disciplines. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 5+ years of high volume, full-cycle, complex recruitment experience in a healthcare or nonprofit environment
- Corporate in-house recruitment and/or search firm experience.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate diversity talent needs into staffing strategies. Build a diverse slate of candidates into professional, managerial and director level roles.
- Strong sourcing experience utilizing a variety of tools/techniques
- Strong understanding of social media tools
- Experience with Behavioral interviewing
- Understand OFCCP compliance related to about employment policy and procedure, federal state laws regarding employment practices, affirmative action requirements. Knowledgeable of Joint Commission requirements related to recruitment.
- Ability to contract, negotiate and influence at all levels
- Healthcare, Biomedicine, Research
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.