WRF supports 10 new postdoctoral scientists each year at research institutions in Washington state. Fellows conduct transformative research on projects that have the potential for real-world impact in natural sciences and engineering-related disciplines. Our ultimate goal is for our fellows’ research to benefit the public, through enabling innovative discoveries that eventually lead to the creation of new products, services or practices.
Full information about our fellowship and links to apply can be found on our website at https://www.wrfseattle.org/grants/wrf-postdoctoral-fellowships/.
- Fellowships include three years of salary support for the postdoc at an eligible research institution in Washington state. The salary for the first year is $65,000, increasing to $67,500 for the second year and $70,000 for the third year. Benefits are also covered as per institutional policies
- Fellows receive an additional $5,000 of funding per year that can be used for research supplies, equipment and/or travel
- Fellows may choose a start date of January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1, 2023 to commence their funding
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Fellowships must be completed at an eligible research institution in Washington state
- Candidates must have completed a doctorate from an accredited graduate program prior to commencement of their fellowship
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree in a discipline related to natural sciences, engineering, computer or information science and mathematics. Proposed projects must also be related to these disciplines, and preference will be given to projects in life sciences and enabling technologies
- Applicants cannot have completed more than two years of postdoctoral training at the time of submitting their application
- Applicants cannot hold a faculty position at the time they expect to commence their fellowship
- Candidates must submit a written application, including letters of recommendation, by June 26, 2022 via WRF’s website
- Applications will be screened by an independent Selection Committee, which will shortlist candidates for interviews. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom interview with 2 – 3 members of the Selection Committee. During the interview, candidates will be required to prepare a 20-minute presentation of their proposed project
Please note: Applications will not be accepted through this site and must be submitted via the link on WRF’s website.
Additional information is available at https://www.wrfseattle.org/grants/wrf-postdoctoral-fellowships/.
Closing date: Sunday, June 26, 2022