About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Strategic Business Consultant will support key strategic initiatives for City of Hope Orange County by managing projects of various sizes and scales, providing high quality management consulting and analytics services. Specific areas of focus include strategic partnerships, internal business consulting, strategic planning, and innovation.
Ideal candidate must have strong business acumen, project management, communication, and presentation development skills.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Manages relationships and completion of key partnerships with internal and external customers, including executives at COH as well as external organizations. Serves as a trusted consultative resource for strategic initiatives and innovations
- Responsible for all phases of project management and communication of initiatives and workstreams. Creates and executes project workstream work plans, milestones and metrics to align with project outcomes. Revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Produces analysis and presentations to support strategic decisions and priorities. Conducts background research and vendor assessments for strategic opportunities
- Exercises critical thinking and evaluates options for solving problems and achieving goals. Identifies solutions to complex problems, translating needs and issues into innovative opportunities
- Provides data driven solutions that promote continuous improvement
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline
- 5+ years of recent related industry experience or combination of Master's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.