About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Provides radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by physician according to established standards and practices. Therapy may consist of any or all of the following procedures: IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy), SRS (Stereotactic Radiation Surgery), TBI (Total Body Irradiation Therapy), TBE (Total Body Skin Electrons Therapy), IORT (Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy) or CT based simulation Functions as Clinical Instructor and Supervisor of Therapy Students.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education:
- Delivers a prescribed and planned course of radiation therapy to patients of all ages; answers patientquestions and explains procedure.
- Maintains visual and audio communications with the patient during treatment.
- Reinforces recommendations given to patient by healthcare professionals concerning reaction totreatment and care of the radiated area, prevention or treatment of generalized and local side effects.
- Observes patient for any unusual reactions or events.
- Observes radiation safety measures for patient and personnel.
- Performs simulation procedures as prescribed by physician.
- Assists in dosimetry procedures.
- Maintains neat, complete and accurate patient records.
- Reports improper equipment operation to appropriate personnel.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs daily quality assurance checks on linear accelerators, reporting any variation in morningwarm-up.
- Aids in the training of radiation therapy students.
- Assists in research and development directly related to department services.
- Completes billings for patient treatments, setups and simulations.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs,reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Displays professional attitude and appearance.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient.
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in an accredited
- Radiation Therapy Education Program.
- 0-3 years related experience, depending on training.
- Required Courses/Training: Graduate of accredited radiologic technology course plus radiation therapycourse.
- Licensed by California State Department of Health (Certified in RadiationTherapy)
- Registration by ARRT plus 24 month course in radiologic technology
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification (adult & pediatric)
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates
- Multiple positions availalbe
- Per Diem
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.