About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Orders, stores, charges and distributes patient care products and equipment, according to prescribed procedures and techniques. Responsible for the safe and timely transfer of patients, supplies and equipment, requisitions and items for test, within the hospital.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Responsible for rotating through and performing all supplies distribution functions.
- Transports patients to and from nursing units and ancillary departments, as requested.
- Transports supplies, medical records, x-rays, equipment, specimens, mail, reports, and other materials, in response to instruction or page.
- Maintains inventory supplies levels on patient/nursing units.
- Transports full and used medical gas cylinders.
- Maintains inventory of SPD Supply Storeroom as well as stocking of shelves and proper rotation of items.
- Sets up orthopedic frames following doctor's orders.
- Transports deceased to the morgue. Releases deceased from morgue, as needed.
- Assures that all supply items are accurately charged.
- Responsible for maintaining par levels on crash carts and disaster cart on a scheduled basis, as well as, after each use.
- Responsible for cleaning of equipment (IV Pumps, Sequential etc.) to ensure sanitation.
- Responsible for accurate assembly of intubation trays as well as other trays and kits.
- Assesses supply utilization and recommends changes in stock level to supervisor.
- High School or GED
- One year in a similar position or in an aide/customer service position
Preferred education experience and skills:
- CPR Training/Certificate or obtained within three weeks of hire; Current Driver's license
- Understands basic bacteriology; contamination control/sterilization technique; medical terminology
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Full Time, Evening shift available
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.