- About Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology
Seizing the great opportunities to pursue innovation-driven developments in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and aiming at addressing the technological and talent needs of future industries, the Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology (SIAT) is committed to building a world-class research-oriented university that is underpinned by well-established disciplines of sciences and engineering and led by pioneering technologies. The university is located in Shenzhen, a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a rapidly growing technology sector.
- About Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
Faculty of Life and Health Sciences (FLHS) at SIAT has been proposed to set up four departments, including Department of Biology, Department of Neuroscience, Department of Mental Health and Public Health, and Interdisciplinary Center for Bio-Intelligence (Bio-Intelli X).
- Department of Biology explores fundamental biological questions at all levels, from molecular structure to human disease. A unifying goal is to understand life at diverse scales and to alleviate human disease
- Department of Neuroscience aims to understand the structure and function of the nervous system, and to investigate the neural substrates of behavior and cognition; and to explore the molecular mechanisms for neural development and function, and the molecular underpinnings of neurological diseases
- Department of Mental Health and Public Health is committed to using a variety of tools at multiple levels to reveal and to understand how cognitive and emotional dysfunctions lead to mental disorders, and to develop new technologies and methods on the prevention and intervention of major epidemics and pandemics
- Interdisciplinary Center for Bio-Intelligence (Bio-Intelli X) has a highly interdisciplinary academic environment that fosters research and teaching on the border between biology, especially brain science, and other fields including computer science, physics, and engineering, to explore the nature of biological intelligence through quantitative analysis of structure and function of living systems.
Upholding the vision “Explore the laws of nature with persistence, Pursue the truth of science with rigor”, FLHS aims to develop cutting-edge interdisciplinary disciplines of life sciences, and to investigate the essence of life and intelligence sciences. FLHS is dedicated to cultivating innovative and versatile students to possess social responsibility, science literacy, entrepreneurial skills, and global perspectives. The ultimate mission of FLHS is to promote health of all human beings.
- General Requirements and Benefit Eligibility
The FLHS seeks applicants for faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Distinguished Professor and Chair Professor. All positions require a Ph.D. degree in life sciences or a related discipline and an outstanding research track record. Relevant postdoctoral experience is highly desirable. The successful applicant will be expected to obtain external funding to conduct research and help to guide research in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, the candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching through contributions to the education and training of undergraduate and graduate students, and engaging in scholarly activities and social service.
Startup fund and starting salary will be internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Housing and medical benefits will also be provided.
To apply, please submit the following key application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Name - Department - Position - Research Areas”. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Review of applications is on a rolling basis with no deadlines, until all the positions are filled.
Key Application Materials
- Full CV
- Cover Letter
- Personal Statement, that addresses your specific interests and expertise and demonstrates strength or potential in teaching at the college level
- Academic archives of Web of Science or Google Scholar (including h-index, citation)
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation, from senior faculty with a detailed knowledge of your research and/or academic background and potential for independent research
Contact: Ms. SUN
- mail: email@example.com
3.1 Department of Biology
Department of Biology invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks, in any field of, but are not limited to botany, microbiology, genomics and proteomics, epigenetics, RNA biology, systems and computational biology, stem cell biology, super-resolution microscopy, chemical biology, and translational medicine. Teaching experience is preferred but not essential.
3.2 Department of Neuroscience
Department of Neuroscience invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. Candidates are expected to have a PhD/MD in Neuroscience or related field, with a strong research background in molecular, cellular, systems or behavioral neuroscience. Candidates, with a background in basic and computational Neuroscience and/or medical applications as well as brain diseases., are strongly preferred. Teaching experience in neuroscience is preferred but not essential.
3.3 Department of Mental Health and Public Health
Department of Mental Health and Public Health invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. The Department is particularly interested in candidates with strong background and experience in psychology, cognitive science, psychiatry, human behaviors, neurology and public health. Teaching experience in mental health and public health or related field is strongly preferred.
3.4 Interdisciplinary Center for Bio-Intelligence (Bio-Intelli X)
Bio-Intelli X invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. Applicants should have a PhD or equivalent degree in biology, physics, computer science, biomedical engineering, or related fields with demonstrated excellence in interdisciplinary research. Successful applicants are expected to embark on independent, original research in a collegial environment and contribute to the innovative teaching of a diverse student body.