About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
With significant independence, provides senior administrative support that requires no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments. Resolves routine complex inquiries utilizing knowledge of policies and procedures. Applies advanced skills to the position. Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials; prepares charts, graphs or tables as necessary. Routine work may be scanned by others upon completion. Prioritizes projects for completion with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions. Applies applicable policies, procedures, and practices to resolve a variety of new and routine issues. Relies on experience and judgment with the flexibility to create solutions.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Types, using word processing equipment.
- Compiles information and prepares reports and records.
- Makes appointments and travel arrangements.
- Screens visitors and telephone calls.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Files correspondence and records.
- May attend staff meetings and record minutes.
- May compose and route routine correspondence.
- Prepares confidential and special reports including periodic statistical reports.
- May train and direct clerical staff.
- Makes decisions on minor administrative matters and completes clerical details as needed.
- High school diploma or GED, some vocational/specialized training.
- 3-5 years responsible secretarial or clerical experience in a professional environment.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.