About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Responsible for various duties related to maintaining an accurate system of record for inventory supplies and ensuring the highest levels of customer support when these supplies are requested from the COH end users. Maintains goods and services for patient care areas at the lowest cost consistent with accepted standards for quality and service. Assures that follow-up with end users and COH Purchasing department is performed, ensuring compliance with supply specifications and deliveries. Actively manages the CSPT/Warehouse Inventory.Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes item usage and cost in order to determine and adjust stock levels and reduce inventory cost
- Evaluate all inventory in department, eliminate if appropriate with the goal of reducing cost of inventory
- Evaluate if any items stocked could be moved to consignment
- Completes requisitions with adequate information
- Consults with buyers and nurses in order to obtain technical information, specifications, recommended vendors
- Ensures daily inventory transactions associated are performed on an accurate and timely basis into PeopleSoft inventory system
- Assures that follow-up takes place on items ordered in order to assure timely delivery and correctness of receipts
- Coordinates with purchasing, receiving personnel, vendors and accounts payable personnel to resolve problems encountered with prices or delivery of the order.
- Performs data entry and query functions in automated inventory module of the CSPT system
- Prepare reports on charges and replenishment analysis to be discussed with management in order to make final decisions concerning par adjustments. Supports Supply Chain management in cost reduction initiatives and identifying savings.
- Checks in supply deliveries, receives orders in the system and, when required, stocks the shelves maintaining inventory locations and checking item expiration dates.
- When required, accurately replenishes all patient care unit supply areas, rotating stock and ensuring item expirations dates have been checked and removed if necessary. Maintains order and cleanliness supply areas.
- Accurately charges supplies to appropriate cost centers where applicable and necessary
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education experience and skills:Additional Information:
- Basic college courses.Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3 years in a Supply Chain/Materials department preferred; preferably for a health care institution; exp with automated systems
- Course in, inventory, economics
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.