Texas Biomedical Research Institute is recruiting a Statistician (intermediate level) to support multiple biomedical research studies ranging from infectious diseases and heart disease to aging. The successful applicant will be housed within the Institutional Cores and amongst core support staff who serve the broad interests of the institute’s research community. The position will be responsible for providing statistical support including development of study design and Statistical Analysis Plans, selection of appropriate statistical methods, precision and power estimates, conducting statistical analysis and interpretation of results, and writing technical and scientific reports.
- Assist with development of study design, selection of appropriate statistical methods, precision and power estimates, conduct statistical analysis and interpretation of results and writing technical and scientific reports.
- Prepare formal Statistical Analysis Plans prior to study initiation.
- Perform analysis and written justification for experimental group sizes.
- Prepares project reports and Statistical Analysis Reports and review them with research staff.
- Selects data samples, prepares questionnaires, and analyzes collected information according to established statistical methods.
- Develops charts and graphs to display results; may assist in writing research papers for publication.
- Assists in the design of new projects and the development of grant proposals.
- Contributes to preparation of conference papers and peer reviewed journal articles.
- Maintains technical competency and proficiency in relevant research areas through training, literature, review, and interaction with scientific colleagues at technical meetings and conferences.
Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree in Statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience in statistical analysis, preparation of statistical analysis plans, analyzing data and report writing for a variety of biomedical research projects.
- Flexibility in approaches to data analysis with the ability to understand and implement the objectives of multiple perspectives, and ability to learn new statistical tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-impact environment; be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine; ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Effective analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present information clearly and effectively; ability to work independently and meet project timelines once given a project.
Who We Are: Texas Biomedical Research Institute (https://www.txbiomed.org/) is one of the world's leading independent biomedical research institutions dedicated to advancing global human health through innovative biomedical research. Texas Biomed aims to unravel the mysteries of infectious diseases through innovative thinking, creative problem solving and cutting-edge technologies.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive pay
- 7% Employer-Funded retirement contribution starting day one
- Full insurance benefits
- Holidays, PTO and a paid week off in the last week of December
- Hybrid Work Schedule (may work remote and on-campus)
To Apply, Please Follow This Link to Our Career Site: https://txbiomed.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/322?c=txbiomed
**All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including the booster if eligible, and provide vaccination record.
Creating the TIDES of Change in Bioscience
Teamwork | Integrity | Diversity | Excellence | Safety